Thursday, August 18, 2005

Do U Wanna go to PURI?

Father asked a girl student -What you will do in free time and pat reply came I will go to PURI and the whole class started looking at me with sudden burst of laughter.But excuse me the PURI referred here is a revered place called jagannath puri.The rath yatra(a grand celebration) which DD-1 broadcasts for 9 continuous days and I have always been watching it since 1994 without knowing the facts behind this palce.That girl never came to me but I made sure that I visit "PURI'.My visit to "Puri" last weekend which was due for the past 2 months was nothing more than a memorable fun trip with friends. Trip which made me think twice about religious activities in this country.Myself a hindu in beliefs and values never hesitated to enter church,gurudwara or masjid but yes has always the pride in being hindu.A visit to Puri was an eye opener for me as it put me in dilemma to think twice about the "pride" which I always feel.A gathering of lakhs will be mismanaged to what extent can be guesssed by seeing the inability of management to control regular crowd.No it can not..Where beiong all the money donated is being spent?Can not see a single place under renovation.Cannot see major investmement being done to help the devotees.Who controls the management...Pandas(that is what my guide friend govind told me)"Pandas" followed us from the parking space till the gate of temple.Some abuses from one of the pandas to our guide friend govind was another example of their menial behavior.Pandas felt that govind is breaching the day to day activities of their community.Govind says this is nothing my frnd - The great panda will bless you and will ask for money from you.So better not to get the blessings.Temple or business?Even business is managed with some ethics some moral values.The whole city is run on the business of temple.The whole community forms a clout difficult to fight with.Politicians will leave no stone unturned to make them comfortable and influential as politicians have to garner the large no of votes.This is what represent my religion,my culture...India Shining!!!!!Indians Shining!!Grrrrrrrreat going....Now,I wish this trip could not have happened or would have happend but without the visit to temple.Now I know that I wont go to "PURI" temple atleast....Do you want to go to Puri?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear,Friend
Puri, on the east coast of India, in the state of Orissa is a hoary pilgrimage center,

enshrining Jagannath, in a colossal temple. Puri is well connected by rail and road with

Calcutta and with Bhubaneshwar. Puri is an ancient shrine, enshrining Krishna -

Jagannath in the form of a wooden image. Also enshrined are wooden images of

Balabhadra (Balarama) and Subhadra brother and sister of Krishna respectively.
Please Visit For More Detail
http://desidirectory.com/india-travel-guide/

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home