Sunday, February 12, 2006

Reliving The Past..

As XIMB calls for GD/PI were declared last week.Number of aspirants aree ken to know what,why and how of the process.Already replied to queries of number of college juniors and friends.Let me give a try to relive the past by going back to D'Day..16th march 2005 - My XIMB Gd/PI in mumbai.Experience is already posted on pg foruym but who knows any of the blog reader might need it...
Here is my experience of int at Mumbai 16th march 11am batch
XAT 94.6%
10th - 85%12th - 80%
B.E(electrical) - Aggr 63%
2 Yr - Work EX in S/w
GD - Group of 9 ppl.all had nice interaction prior to entring the GD room.so atleast knew name of many.Panel of 3 profs including father Abraham,Mr dash and probablty Mr mishra.They gave instructions like 1 minuite thinking time A bell will ring8-12 minute Gd- Bell will ring1 minute to windup -Final bellOn the board in front of us there were number of instructionslike parameters on which they will measure performanceListening skillsCommunications skillInnovatiove thinkingLaterla thinkingStand on controversial issues DontsDo no create noiseDont disrupt anyone etc etc.Prof read that Few of my grp members didnt have paper.she asked for same.Prof said U shud have brough that though gave it.So please carry paper pen.GD Topic - A businessman shall be made finance ministerWas kool GD almost everyone spoke(reason was the instructions given to us).Though could not come on consensus. InterviewI will refer panelist by P1(extreme left) P2(middle) P3(extreme rite whois none other than father abraham)My self- V.V- Good morning sirsP1,P2,P3 - good morning
P3 -Have a seat.
V- Thank you sir
P2- so you are doing well in industry then Why MBA?
V -I can do better some where else with formal knowledge
P1 - Where?
V- Establish own IT firm?P1- Ohh
P3- So what Company is into(he didn knew it i wonder or was he just grilling)?
V- Expertise in Financial industry Blah BlahP3- where does it stand in list of IT firms?
V- Gave Revenue figures and all MNC..some more blah blah
P2- Waht are your roles and responsibilites in your firm
V- Detailed all i held post of Software configuration manager
P2 - What is Configuration management?
V- Detailed thatr
P2 - What you do in that?V - Detailed
P1 -So you must be tracking Financial industry(trying to trap me Please dont i already screwed my XL interview) V- Sir my domain is Credit card and I am tracking that fully
P3 - Whats the use of having 7-8 Credit Cards in india?
V- Explained its new emerging market for credit cards companies wanna tap consumers..Blah blah
P3 From consumer point of view?
V- Gave examples ICICI - Collboration with Shoppers stopCitibank -Piramyd storeSo discount from both places
P1: No use of credit limit?
V : Went into some more details was not agreeing.
P2: Okie Waht happened to your acads in 1st and 2yr BE?
V- 1st year - My immaturity2nd Yr - Health issues
P1 - 3rd yr also only 63percent
V- Sir my university has bad name for tnot giving marks explained him relatively my performance was amongst gud students
P2 : shall I ask you about Electrical and IT(Sir yeh kya pooch rahe ho Electrical ooooooooooooophh..)V: Yes sir surely nething(Ab Fasa oonth pahar ke neeche)
P2 What is power factor?
V:I was confused about form factor and Power factor told him form factor
P2- Which Motor is used for locomotives?V- AC 3phase ha ha ha(Was cursing myself for saying yes)P2 - Star Delta Why used
V- Relief I knew it...Bingo!!(atleast 1 asnwered correctl)
P2 - Star Delta Starter
V- Bluff(Please dont ask more from tech)
P2 - What is synchronous motor?
V- Was collecting it then P2 interrupted and said okie
P2- Have you heard of Asynchronous moter
V- sir asynchronous generator i know motor no idea
P2 - Okie SO moving to ITWhat is Change management
V- Detailed about CCB etc
P1- What are hobiies?
V-Playing Basket ball,Organising Events(Please ask more I will detail but they didnt)
V : I extended my talk College days Events my corricular etc etc..
P3 Which all calls do you have?V- XL,XIMB,IITKGP and NM
P3 - Do you have any QuesV- When the results will be outP3- After 25th marchV Sir,I read about foreign placements at XIMB for first time this year
P3: Yes JKARTA based compaany...gave some dollar figurs
V: I recollected name Insight Asia
P3,P2,P1 : Yes Its doneV: Thank You sirs...I turnedSOmeone from panel: Good Luck
V: Was thinking Why wishing me ? Arent you guys going to take me Hoping this will help you.So guys wish you all Good luck.
Keep Spirits High!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here itzmyworld.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research presents that closely 50% of all USA grownups are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home